[Evangelism] Google map of all WPD locations

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Thu Nov 6 05:21:18 UTC 2008

Hi Aaron,
I was thinking for the Maps demo at your talk on friday (
http://bostonworldploneday.eventbrite.com/), you could use Jarn's Map
project (http://plone.org/products/maps) make a Google Map of all the WPD
locations (http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-marketing/world-plone-day
)

The obvious side benefit of doing this is that we could link to this map to
show visually the global breadth of activity on World Plone Day. I know this
is a lot of data entry, but if you were able to get the base install of the
map product posted at http://bostonplone.org, then perhaps we could recruit
some people on this evangelism list who would be willing to do the data
entry to populate the map with locations.

what do you think about this idea? an alternative would be to not use Jarn's
Map product and just use the tools that Google provides. But I think that
would be a missed opportunity to show this cool Google Map integration
within your Plone site.

thanks,
Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)

PondCMS: Fully managed Plone-based CMS solution
http://jazkarta.com/products/pondcms