[Evangelism] Howto: video broadcasting of your World Plone Day event

Érico Andrei erico at simplesconsultoria.com.br
Wed Nov 5 20:58:26 UTC 2008

2008/11/5 Nate Aune <natea at jazkarta.com>

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Takeshi Yamamoto <tyam at mac.com> wrote:
> > - Broadcasting via ustream.tv
>
> I set up a World Plone Day uStream channel at
> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/world-plone-day
> and it looks like I can add up to 6 "partner shows" that will appear
> to the right of the main World Plone Day broadcast. You can see that
> I've added the World Plone Day Tokyo as a partner show.

This is the url of our channel (São Paulo Brazil):

http://www.ustream.tv/mybroadcasts/info/sao-paulo-world-plone-day-2008

We will broadcast our event from 11:00 - 20:00 (GMT)

> uStream also has the possibility of inviting co-hosts, so we could
> have a "master" broadcast that is showing broadcasts of various cities
> around the world. These appear in smaller windows within the larger
> window.

Great feature. Nate, are you planning to coordinate this?

> If you are hosting a WPD in your city, can you please sign up on
> uStream.tv (it's free) and make a show called "Your City name - World
> Plone Day 2008" (for example, "Boston - World Plone Day 2008").

+1 (Done already)

http://www.ustream.tv/mybroadcasts/info/sao-paulo-world-plone-day-2008

> If you have a projector and large screen at your WPD location, you can
> broadcast video of World Plone Day taking place all around the world,
> and we can even talk to each other. I think this would be an amazing
> way to show the global reach of Plone and build a sense of community
> that spans across timezones, geographical and cultural boundaries.

A common schedule (a google calendar?) would be a good way to coordinate
this.

regards,
ea