[Evangelism] Operation Ditch Plone

T. Kim Nguyen nguyen at uwosh.edu
Sun Nov 2 19:43:28 UTC 2008

Just looking over his rants quickly:

1) He's on Solaris... it's a bit slower because of the threading model
(though not as slow, when I tested it, as I'd been lead to believe by
various warnings) than it would be on the same hardware running
another OS

2) He says his hardware is old/flakey

3) He's just one admin and doesn't have much support from others

4) He mentions a gallery that sucks but I don't know yet if it's an
image gallery (if so, we have some that might suck less, like
(shameless plug) Nathan's plonetruegallery)

5) His bit about configuring Plone to run quickly... worth finding out
if he has CacheFu and Squid, no easily avoidable 404 errors, mostly
logged in users

Anyone want to volunteer to contact him or do we all contact him and
scare the bejeezuz out of him?  :-)

	Kim