[Evangelism] Re: Fwd: Very nice Brand presentation

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Mon Feb 25 18:01:21 UTC 2008

Francesco Ciriaci wrote:
> here it is :-P
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/coolstuff/the-brand-gap
>
> .francesco
>
> Inizio messaggio inoltrato:
>
>> Da: Francesco Ciriaci <francesco at reflab.com>
>> Data: 25 febbraio 2008 14:33:36 GMT+01:00
>> A: evangelism at lists.plone.org
>> Oggetto: [Evangelism] Very nice Brand presentation
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> you've probably already seen it; it's really worth thinking of our
>> brand, especially after the PSPS! :)

Yep, that's a very good presentation. Not only because it tells lots
about branding but also because it is a great presentation ;-)

The problem is though that it might not be aimed at open source
projects. Here the basis is to have a company in the middle which is to
some extent in control of the brand. They can decide "we only do sports
cars". In an Open Source model everybody is the company and everybody
might do whatever he wants with the product (framework? ;) ).

Thus Focus might be complicated.

So the presentation might say in the open source case:

"It's not what YOU say it is, it's what THEY make out of it"

Thus if there would be a majority who uses Plone as a framework maybe it
is one. But I guess the PSPS sort of suggested that it isn't and instead
is a very flexible product.

So the question here might be what Plone actually stands for.

Some ideas might be Professional, Usability or Flexibility which
spontaneously come to my mind.

BTW, there are tons of great slideshows on slideshare about marketing,
branding, new media and so on.

-- Christian

--
Christian Scholz                         video blog: http://comlounge.tv
COM.lounge                                   blog: http://mrtopf.de/blog
Tel: +49 241 400 730 0                           E-Mail cs at comlounge.net
Fax: +49 241 979 00 850                               IRC: MrTopf, Tao_T

connect with me: http://mrtopf.de/connect