[Evangelism] Re: [Board] Fwd: Last Chance to Submit an Application to Speak atLinuxWorld 2008

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Mon Feb 25 14:17:44 UTC 2008

hi David,

ok...   I'll step forward to organize again this year.

great, thanks!

I've been speaking with some locals about reorganizing PloneLounge around
> drop-in clinics and cafe-jams so hopefully we'll even expand our circle a
> bit between now and August and have some more folks to pitch-in.  Unlike
> last year, I'll start my planning a month or so in advance and
> nag/bribe/threaten-with-tickling volunteers to make sure they show up ;)

yeah, it's good to line up people well in advance to get their commitment.

I just submitted two presentation abstracts "Getting started with Plone"
> (tutorial) and "Supporting Research Communities with Plone".

oh good, I was going to submit a talk proposal or two, but I didn't get it
in on time. Nice to see that Plone will be presented at the conf.

Do we have financial backing if getting a booth in the dot-org pavilion is
> non-free?

I need to check with the board, but I think there is money in the budget for
representing Plone at trade shows.

Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
company: http://jazkarta.com