[Evangelism] Re: April *29*, 2009 WPD ?? (was: April 26, 2009 WPD ??)

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Dec 24 23:21:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:13:24 -0800, Nate Aune
<natea at jazkarta.com> wrote:

> What if we combine it with Earth Day on the 22nd, and make the theme
> "Using
> Plone to save Planet Earth", and highlight how Plone conserves natural
> resources through online collaboration?

Sorry if I sound negative here, but let's try to avoid the tie-in to other
unrelated causes. When the official announcement for World Plone Day went
out this year and talked about saving the economy with Plone, I thought it
was in really bad taste. Let's not make it something that it's not. It
dilutes the message we're trying to send out in the first place. :)

Happy holidays, everyone — looking forward to see the WPD next year!

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net