[Evangelism] Postmortem for WPD

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Wed Dec 10 14:21:15 UTC 2008

--
Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://www.jazkarta.com

On Nov 9, 2008, at 7:30 AM, "Donna Snow" <donnamsnow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we want to schedule a chat session for figuring out what we can
> do differently for next year?

I'd be up for a chat session and could rope Vincenzo into the call too
since I'll be at the Bolzano sprint this week.

> If you have data you want me to capture in a survey or a spreadsheet
> please feel free to send my way.

We have #'s from the eventbrite.com site, a paper sign in sheet, and a
surveymonkey.com survey that has responses to your questions.

> We have a bunch of blog posts and some numbers floating around the
> web, let's gather them all in one document.

If folks have properly tagged them with "worldploneday2008" they
should show up at http://technorati.com/tag/worldploneday2008

> How many you expected, how many rsvp'd and how many actually showed
> up.. what you gave away (did you provide food or not) whatever
> logistics you think will help
> us plan for next time.

We were fortunate to have $100 in food/drink donated by Wingware. They
also donated 3 licenses to their WingIDE Pro software as giveaways
($395/each value!) and some really cool balsa airplanes. Thanks Stephan!

We had all the attendees compete for prizes (t-shirts and books) with
an airplane toss which was a lot of fun. See photos here:

> For example, I posted on a forum at LinkedIN and received and email
> from Steve Holden asking why we didn't contact Python Software
> Foundation (and he blogged about the fact that we didn't contact
> them) so we need to check into various related organizations that
> might be interested in participating and document them.

Yes, we definitely need to notify the Python and Zope foundations to
see if they can help with promotion. We know better for next time.

> Maybe best if we just do it on Open Plans Wiki??

Yeah, I recommend making a lessons learned from WPD2008 page in the
Plone-marketing area on openplans.org.

Thanks,
Nate