[Evangelism] Should we be doing things like this?

Horak, Karl KEHORAK at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 8 21:36:28 UTC 2008

Thanks for the summary.  Just now O'Reilly has posted the webcast at http://oreilly.com/webcasts/, so I'll be able to take a peek for myself.  -- Karl

From: Calvin Hendryx-Parker [calvin at sixfeetup.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 7:06 AM
To: Horak, Karl
Cc: evangelism at lists.plone.org
Subject: Re: [Evangelism] Should we be doing things like this?

Hi Karl,

It was pretty generic since it probably was meant to introduce the
topic of Drupal to new people.  The WebEx webcast worked pretty well
except for the audio was very faint.  I ended up calling in to the
conference bridge so I could hear anything.  The back channel chat
that was on the page was nice since there were some fairly
knowledgeable folks in there, most likely from Lullabot, answering
many of the questions.

The O'Reilly moderator did a good job of picking up on questions in
the channel as they went by and they spent almost 45 minutes on
questions alone.   I think that a presentation of this type that
showed off Plone in the same manner would blow Drupal out of the water
since we seam head and shoulders above them when it comes to more
enterprise features.

Cheers,
Cal