[Evangelism] SPI vs Plone Foundation

Karl Horak KEHORAK at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 25 20:30:31 UTC 2008

Jon Stahl wrote:

> I don't think the Foundation has an obligation to respond to any questions
> that aren't posed to it directly. ;-)

Thanks to all for the helpful discussion.  In the interest of completeness,
here is Ray's original question verbatim:

I'm standing for election to the board of Software in the Public Interest
this month, so I was wondering how many LinkedIn users who contribute to
free and open source software have joined? If so, why? If not, what's
stopping you?

LinkedIn members can view the various answers
http://www.linkedin.com/answers?viewQuestion=&questionID=282555&askerID=13386346&trk=advq&goback=%2Emqr_false_1_DATE%2Emid_697469423
at this link .

Meanwhile, I've come away from this with a much better understanding of what
the PF does and the motivations for it.