[Educational] Plone/Video Sprint Budapest

and and at engagemedia.org
Tue Oct 13 10:53:58 UTC 2009

Hello all,
EngageMedia and Aspiration are coordinating a Plone Video sprint at this
years Plone Conference in Budapest, Hungary. The 4 day sprint will be an
opportunity for developers to collaborate on open video technologies
around the Plone CMS. The sprint will take place from 31st October 2009
to 3rd November 2009, directly after the conference.

Topics and Aims
The aims for the sprint are the following

* Increased communication and collaboration between Python, Zope and
Plone developers working in the area of open video technologies.

* Direct improvement of key video technologies and the video feature
set available in the Plone CMS so as to increase uptake and  improve
those sites already implementing Plone video technologies.

* Improved the ease of use, install and set up of Plumi via  technical
and documentation enhancements, opening it up to a
broader set of users and contributors.

* Increased skill set among sprint participants regarding how to
implement and develop with the Plumi CMS and for video
technologies more generally in the Plone CMS.

* Increase the community of developers working on Plone and video and
their effectiveness.

We will be guided by a professional facilitator (Gunner from Aspiration
- http://www.aspirationtech.org/) to help the group focus on priorities.
Broadly we aim to work on the following topic areas: building a shared
roadmap for video on Plone, working on key technical needs such as large
file handling, transcoding and bittorrent support, improving support for
FOSS video codecs, publishing and viewing content with mobile devices,
bug fixing existing video related Plone collective products and
improving documentation.

Participating
EngageMedia has a very limited number of travel and accommodation
subsidies to offer to activists and NGO developers based on need. When
you contact us, please also let us know ASAP if you want to be
considered for a travel subsidy.

The Plone Video sprint has limited number of places, and you will need
to register, and please indicate how long for the 4 days you can stay.
We have a preference for people to stay for the entire 4 days. Please
add yourself to the team at
http://www.coactivate.org/projects/plone-video-sprint/request-membership
and email contact at engagemedia.org

Regards