[Educational] Plone in four-way battle at ASU [was: [pbc2] Python and Plone Boot Camps in Chapel Hill, NC]

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu May 22 15:29:39 UTC 2008

I sent out an invitation to some Plone Boot Camps in North Carolina. My
good buddy, Plone Boot Camp alum, and longtime Zoper Tom Bennett at
Appalachian State (ASU) replied with the news below of a CMS shoot-out
for campus CMS at ASU. Plone's turn is tomorrow.

This email is mainly for your awareness. I don't expect anyone to drop
what they are doing to investigate or try to get involved to help in
this. But if that is your thing, both a website about the shoot-out and
contacts are listed below. I regret I could not tell you about this
sooner. I'm sure opportunities like this fly by all the time.

For further awareness, ASU is the home and birthplace of their own
homegrown PHP-based CMS called phpWebSite. It's nowhere near Plone. But
it is theirs. http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/

Tom,

You may want to check out a marketing case study site at
http://plone.net if you haven't already.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530