[Educational] sprint - calendaring - don't forget CalDAV

grahamperrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 08:09:19 UTC 2007

With further apologies for cross-posting, and without wishing to detract from
CalendarX:

As the subject of calendaring has arisen, I'd like to draw attention to an
item in the Plone Core Developers list:
http://www.nabble.com/Plone-Improvement-Proposal-%28PLIP%29-re-event-handling-and-CalDAV%3A-invitation-tf4867534s6745.html

In a nutshell:

1) my initial plea for assistance in drafting a CalDAV-related Plone
Improvement Proposal is expressed at
http://omnium.freeman-centre.ac.uk/~gjp22/2007/11/24/plip-caldav.html

2) at the foot of that page, you'll find links to public archives of most
lists to which I have posted

3) most recent discussion in the IETF-CalDAV list, reflected at
http://rss.gmane.org/messages/complete/gmane.ietf.caldav , includes outline
thoughts on implementation.

----

Incidentally: Cosmo server -- associated with the Chandler Project, which
received substantial HE-related funding
http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/OSAFFAQ -- seems to be shaping up very
nicely. The Chandler Hub Sharing Service -- a Cosmo implementation -- offers
a web UI, interaction with various CalDAV clients, event-oriented Atom feeds
and so on.

Regards
Graham Perrin