[Educational] Buildout for a educational Plone site

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Dec 23 18:32:01 UTC 2007

--On 23. Dezember 2007 13:17:25 -0500 Kurt Bendl <kurt at tool.net> wrote:

> Hola and hello there!
>
> (Typing one-handed w a 3 month old in my lap...) This is all really good
> info. I'm thinking there is no single solution, but configuration options
> are always good.  So, I say, "Bring on the buildouts!"  I'd bet many
> universities (and more explicitly those of us who work at
> universities) can start from this buildout. That's not to say there
> can't be two or more "base" buildout configurations. Bring 'em on!

Yup, you can easily press the delete line button within your favorite
editor in order to tailor the buildout.cfg down :-)

One more general remark about buildout: I don't think that buildout
is the tool that new users will use for trying Plone out. It is a tool
for developers and experienced users. Installers are much more important
for this audiences....for course only my personal opinion :)

Andreas