[Educational] FileSystemStorage vs blob

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Sat Dec 22 20:16:20 UTC 2007

Hi Kurt,

I would recommend using plone.app.blob which is likely to land in
Plone 3.5 and be the default way of handling external files for the
ATFile content type. Andi Zeidler (cc'ed) has done a lot of work
recently to get this working. http://plone.org/products/plone.app.blob

If you want to try it out, the easiest way is to testdrive the buildout:

svn co http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.blob/buildouts/plone-3.0 blobs
    cd blobs
    python2.4 bootstrap.py
    ./bin/buildout
    ./bin/instance fg

There's also a very comprehensive howto written up here:
http://myriadicity.net/Sundry/PloneBlobs

Nate