[Educational] Faculty/Staff Directory 2.0 Alpha-1

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Fri Dec 14 17:22:30 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I just wanted to quickly announce that we've finally released an alpha
version of Faculty/Staff Directory 2.0.

The 2.0 release includes a number of new features, most importantly:
Plone 3 compatibility, membership integration using membrane (big thanks
to Cris Ewing for this one!), and an improved extensibility framework
using archetypes.schemaextender. Past that, it's a complete blur; Erik
Rose is spending the day digging through the SVN logs to determine
exactly what we've been doing for the last 6 months.

The product (along with its dependencies) can be downloaded from the
Faculty/Staff Directory product page on Plone.org:
http://plone.org/products/faculty-staff-directory/releases/2.0

We'd welcome any testing you could provide. You can submit bugs,
critiques, or feature requests to our bug tracker at
https://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/newticket

Eric

Eric Steele
WebLion Group