[Educational] Re: Plone - departments using this software

Melody Winkle mwinkle at cac.washington.edu
Fri Apr 6 17:20:58 UTC 2007

Hi Sue,

I've copied the educational Plone list, since many universities are
further along and might also have comments and sites they're willing to
share.

Most of our sites are internal, but here are a few that are public:
  http://docs.cac.washington.edu/cac/nile/help
  http://catalyst.washington.edu/
  http://www.cphi.washington.edu/

The libraries is also working on a Plone project for their Intranet and
public site.

We've been happy with the usability of Plone for authors and also with the
feature set (although it can always be better).  The community is great as
well, which matters a lot, especially when you're in a do-it-yourself
project.

We didn't evaluate Joomla, but from comments I've heard, it's amazingly
easy to set up a site, but the feature set isn't as rich as Plone.

Let us know if you have more questions, and best of luck in your
evaluation!

Melody Winkle
Computing & Communications
University of Washington