[Plone-conference] Plone Conference Checklist

Chrissy Wainwright chrissy at sixfeetup.com
Fri Dec 4 23:52:50 UTC 2020

Hello Plonistas ~

Plone Conf 2020 is TOMORROW/TODAY! (depending on your time zone or when read this email 😂) To make sure you get the most out of the event, please ensure you’ve completed this checklist prior:

✅ Join the Slack

The Plone Slack Workspace is where all information about the event will be shared. This is also where you will be able to chat with speakers, attendees and Plone experts. If you haven't already, join now at: https://join.slack.com/t/plone/shared_invite/zt-5y1ff74x-K6IlL8u~mh29J~nUsJbCjA

Most channels related to the conference start with `conf2020_`

If you have a question during the event, please visit the #conf2020_help_desk channel and our team will be available to assist.

✅ Plan Your Schedule - Trainings

The trainings are this weekend, you can check them out on the schedule: https://2020.ploneconf.org/schedule.

You can still sign up for trainings at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhQl8ab2qTlOqK63Tf8P5gq1_rGrZia6LSHJGA6eBkAwE7JA/viewform

Each training has its own Slack channel, they all start with `training2020_`. Make sure to check these channels for information to join the training.

✅ Plan Your Schedule - Talks

We have some fantastic content for you to watch, so make sure you plan your schedule ahead to join the conversations. Keep in mind timezones, too! All times listed on <https://www.nginx.com/events/nginx-sprint-2020/> https://2020.ploneconf.org/ are in Central European Time, but in LoudSwarm, you will see everything in your local time. All talks are recorded and will be available to watch after the fact.

✅ Minimize distractions

Interruptions happen. Set yourself up in a quiet space. Be sure to silence your phone, block off your calendar, and put a “Do not Disturb” message on, so you can fully focus.

If you have any other questions about how to get ready for the Plone Conf, feel free to reach out to our team at conf at plone.org<mailto:conf at plone.org> or join the #conf2020_help_desk channel in the Slack.

✅ Check It Out

You should have already received your invitation to LoudSwarm, our virtual event platform.

The email invitation to join the platform comes from support at loudswarm.com<mailto:support at loudswarm.com>. If you do not see it, please check your spam folder or email filtering settings. If you have still not received an invitation, please reach out in the #conf2020_help_desk channel in Slack.

We encourage you to check out the LoudSwarm platform once you’ve logged in. The icons on the left-hand navigation bar take you to some great resources, like a list of our speakers, our sponsors who make this event happen, and information about the Board.

If you’re checking out the sessions, you’ll see a placeholder image until it’s time for the talk to begin, so check back later to watch the live session.

We’ve got a few downloadable items for you to choose from, so please turn off your pop-up blockers to have the best experience.

✅ Share Your Experience

Use #ploneconf2020 when talking about the conference on social media!

--

We look forward to seeing you online!

Thanks
Chrissy Wainwright