[Plone-conference] Two weeks to go!

Alexandru Ghica alec.ghica at eaudeweb.ro
Tue Sep 29 13:48:25 UTC 2015

Dear Plone Community,

First of all a big welcome to the new Plone 5 release!

  * https://plone.org/news/plone-5-revealed-modern-powerful-and-user-driven

Two week to go until the main conference starts! Hopefully you have all
purchased your ticket to the Plone Conference already. If not, time is
running out! Tickets can be purchased at:

  * https://2015.ploneconf.org/tickets

The conference kicks off with two days of training, and this year we
have gone all out to run four separate training sessions over two days.
This year we have three outstanding sessions dedicated to the new Plone
5 release, ‘Mastering Plone 5: Development’, ‘Mastering Plone 5: Theming
and Customizing’ and ‘Mastering Plone 5: Content Management and
Webmaster’. There is also a training session on ‘Javascript for Plone
Developers’. These training sessions will all take place at the
conference venue, the InterContinental Hotel in Bucharest and tickets
for them are included in your conference registration. This is one of
the best opportunities all year to get up to speed on Plone development
practises, so please take advantage of it.

  * https://2015.ploneconf.org/trainings

We have, once again, a fantastic line up of speakers and talks this
year. We have two days of scheduled talks, and then a day of Open Space
sessions for people to propose talks ‘on the fly’. Great for expanding
on the hallway chats. The talk list has just been published:

  * https://2015.ploneconf.org/talks

As well as training and an exciting lineup of talks, the conference
dinner party has also been organised in a traditional Romanian brewery
10 minutes walking distance from the conference venue. There will be a
large selection of locally brewed ales and lager on offer as well as
delicious Romanian home cooked food. You are welcomed to bring any
partners or family members! Details of the dinner party are now online:

  * http://2015.ploneconf.org/social

The Plone conference will conclude with two days of sprints, a great
opportunity to push and get more add-ons upgraded for Plone 5! Coffee,
drinks and lunch will be covered for the whole duration of the sprints!

More to come in the following days to include the final agenda and more!
Plone conference team

--
Alexandru Ghica
Eau de Web (http://www.eaudeweb.ro)