[Plone-conference] Food for thought on AngularJS and Plone

Ramon Navarro Bosch ramon.nb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:40:54 UTC 2014

I would love to see how a new rendering engine is done on frontend using
the block/mosaic layout system and using a jsonapi, we nearly have all the
pieces!

As mockup patterns are wrappers of code that applies front-end development
for specific parts of our code, inside the mockup pattern there is no
matter if its a jquery/react (neither angular) component that acts there,
so we have "independence" of technologied ( yes we can't end with a js
bundle of tons of js libraries ). I was thinking to implement a way to
define which bundles are required for specific browserview ( similar to
fanstatic is doing ) so we could enable to load what is really needed,
something like an api to register on the request which bundles I need that
are not enabled by default.

Doing a single app interface may be interesting but we are really far away
from that...

> I found
> http://jlongster.com/Removing-User-Interface-Complexity,-or-Why-React-is-Awesome really
> canged how I think about front end development. It's an eye opening read,
> and not specifically about React even though the title kind of suggests it
> is.
>
>> Sent from Mailbox <https://www.dropbox.com/mailbox>
>

> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Johannes Raggam <johannes at raggam.co.at>
> wrote: