[Plone-conference] Food for thought on AngularJS and Plone

Jens W. Klein jk at kleinundpartner.at
Mon Nov 3 11:36:51 UTC 2014

Hi!

thanks for bringing this up. There are indeed rumors around, because of
this extrem changes in future AngularJS.

So at first, in my opinion theses changes are overall good and well
thought.

But: I really dont believe...

a) ... the 1.x series is dead that fast. Its open source and there are
tons of applications out in the wild, which need to have a supported
angularjs 1.x

b) ... the 2.x series will not pop up and everyone steps onto it. As
usal its usable/stable if it comes to a 2.1.

So we in Plone should not use AngularJS in a way that we depend on it
for i.e. a public site. We may use it to improve the editing experience.
At least we want to provide an easy way to combine patterns/mockup with
angularjs - in a way that enables us to write complex angularjs based
addons without javascript headache.

best regards

Jens

--