[Plone-conference] plone.api and Plone Core

Nathan Van Gheem nathan at vangheem.us
Thu Oct 30 17:02:45 UTC 2014

I can't make the open space but I recommend having it in core. What are the
arguments against having it in core?

I think it should be in core and core should start using it where it makes
sense.

I'd also like to see more abstractions made with it. Like a central point
to use for imports also.

Example:

from plone import api
class MyView(api.views.BaseView):
  pass

developers should have to think about this things. We need to get rid of
products.five and cmfcore imports...

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Nejc Zupan <nejc.zupan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so there has been a lot of discussion on whether plone.api should ship
> with core, should it be used in core,
> or something in between. There is a "plone.api PLIP" open session tomorrow
> where I would like for us to
> reach a consensus on the scope of usage of plone.api in core. It's high
> time we do it.
>
> I'm personally leaning more *against* having plone.api in core, so if you
> wanna see it included,
> come to the open space and convince me otherwise.
>

> cheers,
> z.

Nathan Van Gheem
Solutions Architect