[Plone-conference] Openspace: growing plone | as a brand

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 17:50:31 UTC 2014

On 21-10-2014 19:07, Armin Stroß-Radschinski wrote:
> What if we move the target for this topic more towards "Growing Plone as a brand" and its value and a more positive experience recognition.
> I am persistent on this...

HV> I don't agree.

marketing involves processes for creating, delivering and communicating
value to customers, so we need to work in parallel:

we need to create a roadmap based on research of what our customers are
demanding (and makes sense for us) and our competitors are offering (and
we don't); we also need to identify the risks we face (like keeping
dependent on Zope).

we need to implement these features in an careful, orderly and pragmatic
way: thinking first, step by step, with less huge disruptions because we
have an installed base that we need to maintain.

and, as you say, we need to fix our communication problems.

we need different people on each team and we need people with different
backgrounds and skills.

best regards