[Plone-conference] Openspace: growing plone

Érico Andrei erico at simplesconsultoria.com.br
Tue Oct 21 14:27:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Timo Stollenwerk <
contact at timostollenwerk.net> wrote:

> A broad discussion is fine and will happen at Plone conf, we already
> started that discussion in Brazil and it will continue in Bristol.

Agreed.

> Though, I think at some point we need to somehow get together a smaller
> group of peope to discuss and formulate a vision for the entire
> community. And that should happen as soon as possible in my option.
> Ideally right after the conference.

I believe we should focus our concerns on the whole CMS's will (not) die
discussion and how do we adapt to this new paradigm where (imo) CMS is a
small part of a broader solution.

Our Intranet Consortium is doing an amazing job. We need to have the same
approach to the whole of Plone -- and its use cases, We need to focus on
what the end users (and their bosses) need and then built our strategy
around it.

I'm up for a discussion about this during and after PloneConf.

best,
ea