[Plone-conference] SIM card with data

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 18:09:50 UTC 2013

just a quick update on this as I know Nejc is having hard times in Rio
de Janeiro ;-)

tl;dr: it's NOT possible to activate a SIM card without a CPF.

last Saturday we spent a couple of hours trying to get a SIM card for
Nejc and his girlfriend; we visited 3 stores: TIM didn't had cards
available; in Carrefour they sent us to another store; we went then to
Claro and bought a couple of prepaid SIM cards for R$28 each (this
includes R$18 on credit)... plans are almost the same: for R$0,50 daily
you get unlimited calls among numbers of same operator, another R$0,50
and you get "unlimited" internet access (actually around 10MB daily).

I ended up with 2 SIM cards registered on my CPF so I recommend every
Brazilian to "adopt" a non-Brazilian to help them to register their SIM
cards.

the moral of this fable is: things never get better when it comes to taxes.

best regards

Héctor Velarde