[Plone-com] Progress on Plone.com Content

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Tue Sep 11 13:37:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Rose Pruyne <rtp2 at psu.edu> wrote:

> Here's a rundown on the progress with Plone.com content:
>

>    - I think we have a reasonably solid draft of "What is Plone?" (in
>    Review column in Trello) . The doc is at
>    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rOxdWiFEvyGDT_so-aghz7Oy1PhYFJW5J_tWKbwjGag/edit
>    .
>    - And an okay draft of "Why should I Use Plone?" at this point. There
>    is some cross-over between this and "What is Plone?" Doc is at
>    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N2hvnIKCCT8hDb4VcmgwqXJyWl41XkGe71vQ7dlpJgQ/edit.
>    Maybe they will end up as one chunk of content; I don't know.
>    - Feature Matrix: I see that Matt has shared a feature matrix:
>    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wy-QO1QsDDiEgBQ51qeRKzgKd3P1ZFaGPAktdFQX4-Q/edit#heading=h.8a2qtufz2w5n.
>    So that's good.
>    - Case Studies. No content, and I don't think I have anything to
>    contribute to this one. Doc is at
>    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IbWRwfVRiMDmjiXhZpxD3MeNlm1oNxoFhbltYnLWnLc/edit
>    .
>
> A couple of folks are saying they can't edit the above docs. However, the
> settings are such that anyone who has the link can edit. They're also all
> inside the Plone.com folder. If you still cannot find/edit one of these
> docs, do let me know -- maybe I'm missing something.
>
> I haven't had time to think about dropping content into the actual Plone
> site. Am not sure when I would be able to do that, but others are welcome
> to do so. Please don't wait for me.
>
> Also a heads up that I'm going on 9 days of vacation starting on September
> 20.

Added and published "what is plone" and "why should I use it" sections,
waiting for access to Matt's feature matrix (embarrassingly, TinyMCE gave
me trouble so it was easier to cut and paste in HTML :-/. Selecting and
highlighting text as "header" resulted in the entire document being
selected as header.)

   - http://plonecom.netsightdev.co.uk

This should be enough for everyone to start editing content on the staging
site. If I have to, I will cut/paste from staging to production…

Alex

Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com