[Plone-com] Progress on Plone.com Content

Armin Stroß-Radschinski developer at acsr.de
Mon Sep 10 19:50:24 UTC 2012

Hi Rose,
thanks for your wrap up.

I was in contact with aclark: and carolsixfeetup: to get a staging
server into work, because netsights server is not administable
currently...

Am 10.09.2012 um 21:10 schrieb Rose Pruyne:

> Here's a rundown on the progress with Plone.com content:
>
> 	• I think we have a reasonably solid draft of "What is Plone?" (in
> Review column in Trello) . The doc is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rOxdWiFEvyGDT_so-aghz7Oy1PhYFJW5J_tWKbwjGag/edit
> .
> 	• And an okay draft of "Why should I Use Plone?" at this point.
> There is some cross-over between this and "What is Plone?" Doc is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N2hvnIKCCT8hDb4VcmgwqXJyWl41XkGe71vQ7dlpJgQ/edit
> . Maybe they will end up as one chunk of content; I don't know.
I will take a look.
> 	• Feature Matrix: I see that Matt has shared a feature matrix: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wy-QO1QsDDiEgBQ51qeRKzgKd3P1ZFaGPAktdFQX4-Q/edit
> #heading=h.8a2qtufz2w5n. So that's good.
Feature matrix is not our major pitfall.
> 	• Case Studies. No content, and I don't think I have anything to
> contribute to this one. Doc is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IbWRwfVRiMDmjiXhZpxD3MeNlm1oNxoFhbltYnLWnLc/edit
> .
I added links to the Zotero research I did with Jan Ulrich Hasecke
over the last years to Trello and soon to google docs.

There are some gems to discover.

> A couple of folks are saying they can't edit the above docs.
> However, the settings are such that anyone who has the link can
> edit. They're also all inside the Plone.com folder. If you still
> cannot find/edit one of these docs, do let me know -- maybe I'm
> missing something.
I tried to give derrick stone access to the folder today after Mark
Corum granted me access. Hope this works for others as needed.
> I haven't had time to think about dropping content into the actual
> Plone site. Am not sure when I would be able to do that, but others
> are welcome to do so. Please don't wait for me.
see above. The server may be usable tomorrow. We have to check if
backup is working.