[Plone-com] Naming variations

Rose Pruyne rtp2 at psu.edu
Mon Sep 10 15:44:14 UTC 2012

Dylan, thanks so much for taking the time to pull this together. I think
your list of Plone's selling points are good ones. We can compare them with
what we have so far and see what combination of selling points makes the
best sense.

I would have a point about the ease of managing content, as well -- with
the clients I've dealt with, that's a big deal. And Plone's UI has always
been good and is getting better all the time.

Points 2 and 3 are both about design and might work as well combined.
Theming/design does seem to loom large in clients' minds, so this is a
sensible selling point, imho.

I would think that a point about security is also important. Many of the
clients I talk with are nervous about security -- there are so many news
stories about this.com and that.org getting hacked. Plone's security model
is a terrific selling point.

I have an hour or so that I can devote to content today, so I'll see how
your list can enhance what we've got so far. There's also the message "what
can Plone do for me," that we need to address, so it's good to have a
significant amount of content from which we can quarry.

Possibly we can vote on what points should be on the What is Plone page.

At any rate, let me see what I can accomplish as far as pulling these
perspectives together in the next hour or so.

Rose Pruyne
Project Manager
WebLion at Penn State