[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Fri Sep 7 15:21:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Armin Stroß-Radschinski <
maillist.acsr at acsr.de> wrote:

> The only request that I have related to Plone.com, is that it works for
> the job (and that is not an objective). If they step up and can create a
> fast solution, we should get a grip on that. Is there the targetgroup
> definition in place? Do we have a moodchart where to go for emotionally?
> This should be a suggestion for a professional starting point for them, but
> not be part of a discussion.
>
> With Plone and Diazo final finetuning is a snap. The quality should be
> state of the art and meet some expectations. If they (You!) could quickly
> write up some points they can meet with success, it would help a lot to
> gain speed.
>
> Good design can let you feel the quality of the product. This is not a
> matter of eye candy. We should aim at that and it should be a little
> "Plonish". I still wear my Plone Conf shirts from 2004 by clearnoodle
> design at night. And I sleep well ;-)
>
> This is the only points I have in mind. The rest is CONTENT and content
> rules!
>
> Very important (from disasters in the past with other projects, aka ZOPE):
> Make sure all rights of the design are fully transferred to the Plone
> Foundation and there is no "Reservation" attitude for design decisions in
> the follow up.

+1 Speaking of that: IIUC, we can move content from plone.org to plone.com,
if it's not in the documentation area because all contributed documentation
there is owned by the respective author. I could be wrong, but that
approach makes sense to me. Ultimately I suppose all contributed content on
plone.org is owned by the respective author, but their is (or should be?) a
distinction between "Plone organization generated content" and "user
generated content".

CC'ing the board in case there is anything they can do to help. Dear PF
Board: we desperately need to sort out all of the content ownership of
plone.org/documentation, even if that means contacting each of the
individual authors. I suspect it also means the Plone Contributor Agreement
needs to have a "contributed documentation" clause? Some folks are working
on the new contributor agreement I think, so maybe they already have this
covered (also CC: Jon Stahl, Eleddy)

Alex

>>> http://www.brasil.gov.br