[Plone-com] Right, decisions made. (was Re: We need to select a plone.com production hosting provider)

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Sep 6 14:35:38 UTC 2012

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:

Carol,
  Thanks! :)

Everyone else,
  Right, I'm going to take on a bit of a BDFL-like role in this process
now. I'm leaving the execution and PM up to those who have stepped up, I'm
just going to make the executive decisions on some of these big bits to
stop us debating this for any longer. We have had enormous energy in the
last 48 hours which has been great. We have had several proposals for
hosting, design etc. I think we are now ready to move on. So I'm going to
make a decree, and that is what we will go for.

Hosting: Six Feet Up will provide the hosting for Plone.com in production.
I say we continue with that we are doing on the Netsight-hosted staging
instance for now, and in parallel get whatever is needed for the SFU
instance up and running. We can then move to that as soon as it is ready
and continue development / content creation until ready to launch. Alex,
Wyn, etc al please liase with Carol about what is needed for this to get it
set up.

Design: We are going with the proposal offered by André of getting TV1 to
do the design. André please let us know where next steps are with this once
you have confirmed with TV1 about going ahead.

Content: This is the meat of the project. This is the 'hard' bit. This is
what we need to work on in the meantime whilst the hosting and design side
of things are going on. Rose, Armin, Derrick, Maurizio et al we need you to
get going on this.

Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming enthusiasm for this project! It is
great to see it moving again -- we CAN do this!

+1 Thanks Matt! Can, and will do it. I will liaise-away. Carol, can you
confirm the plone.com VM is only for plone.com and that a plone.org move
(If there is one) will go to a separate box (vm or otherwise)?

-Matt