[Plone-com] We need to select a plone.com production hosting provider

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Sep 6 12:15:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Wyn Williams <heywyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I guess thats that then as long as SFU are up for it.
>
> I registered my objections and lets move on, it would make sense to A:
> Make sure SFU are up for it as it should NOT be hosted on the same
> server as plone.org, it is poorly maintained and a bit of a mess.

IIRC Martior is working with SFU to move to a new host, Carol can you
confirm?

> A new VM should be supplied if they are wactually willing to do it (I
> asume they are being core ploners etc but we have had nothing back
> from them)
>
> YO SFU ! Heads up !

I assume so as well, and worst case we can launch it on plone.org and move
it later. I think we need SFU to clarify:

   - Can we host plone.com with SFU? (assume yes)
   - Can we host it on separate box from plone.org (not as sure, but I
   still assume yes especially if VM)

I think Wyn makes a good point about avoiding losing both sites at the same
time. It might be nice to move both plone.org and plone.com to new separate
VMs @ SFU for launch time.

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com