[Plone-com] We need to select a plone.com production hosting provider

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 06:42:21 UTC 2012

On 6 Sep 2012, at 07:28 AM, Wyn Williams <heywyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all
> I already supply a number of higher spec servers for the Plone
> community so I could also take on Plone.com, however..
>
> I would really prefer not to use SFU for Plone.com for several reasons;
>
> 1) They host plone.org - any problems at there DC and we lose both
> portals (not good)

That is a very valid point, but actually seeing as neither sure us a mirror of the other, does it *really* matter?

> 2) It is already at Netsight, if they have the spare resources to move
> it to it's own VM and allow the AI team access (or say they will take
> care of any issues host side) then it gives us at least one portal
> should shit happen.

Netsight could well host it, but tbh I'd rather just stick it with SFU along with Plone.org rather than add extra to the mix.

> 3) SFU Are a good host but lets face it, they use FreeBSD so are a
> little suspect...

We use FreeBSD to, so we also dance with the devil in the pale blinking led light.

> PS Matt, what it the Netsight response to permanent hosting ?

Go with SFU.

-Matt