[Plone-com] We need to select a plone.com production hosting provider

Wyn Williams heywyn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:28:18 UTC 2012

Hello all
I already supply a number of higher spec servers for the Plone
community so I could also take on Plone.com, however..

I would really prefer not to use SFU for Plone.com for several reasons;

1) They host plone.org - any problems at there DC and we lose both
portals (not good)

2) It is already at Netsight, if they have the spare resources to move
it to it's own VM and allow the AI team access (or say they will take
care of any issues host side) then it gives us at least one portal
should shit happen.

3) SFU Are a good host but lets face it, they use FreeBSD so are a
little suspect...

Br

Wyn

PS Matt, what it the Netsight response to permanent hosting ?