[Plone-com] We need to select a plone.com production hosting provider

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Sep 6 05:42:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

To make things easy, I'm going to suggest we use Six Feet Up because I know
they have tape backups, and that would allow us to check off the "backup
content" item on trello. I would also prefer to stage and host from the
same location, if at all possible. Worst case, we can move content
(Data.fs) from Netsight to SFU, which is why I'm still +0 about Netsight
staging. Once a production hosting environment is in place, we can:

   - Use it for staging until the launch date.
   - Git pull theme changes frequently, perhaps automatically.
   - Prepare for the switchover (probably just an nginx config change on
   SFU)

Anyone else want to suggest any other viable production hosting
environments?

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com