[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Rose Pruyne rtp2 at psu.edu
Wed Sep 5 15:26:38 UTC 2012

Sadly, we've lost 4 of our team members (Matt, Brian, Kevin, Pumazi), and
Rob Porter is going on extended sick leave starting September 13. But
Michelle, our JAWS user, is still here. I could coordinate with her to test
the site content/theme using JAWS and report back with her findings. If you
would like me to do that, I'll add it as a task in Trello.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Paul Roeland <paul at cleanclothes.org> wrote:

> On 2012-09-05 16:03, Wyn Williams wrote:
> > It is, check Trello.
> >
> > Wyn
> >
> > PS also screen reader compliant nav etc, wasn't there somebody at
> > Weblion who uses one and kindly helped run some tests on Plone or
> > I remembering incorrectly ?
>

> more than that, Weblion has a whole team who are very good at this.
> Plus a good testing infrastructure.
>
> The standard Sunburst (for visitors, not editors) is WCAG2.0 since
> 4.2, but that's just layout, and will partly be overridden by our
> plone.com theme.
>
> For actual content on plone.org, we should also provide some
> guidelines for the editors, such as <alt> tags for all images, and the
> like.
>

> Paul Roeland

Rose Pruyne
Project Manager