[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Armin Stroß-Radschinski developer at acsr.de
Wed Sep 5 08:14:30 UTC 2012

Am 05.09.2012 um 08:15 schrieb Paul Roeland:

> My 2 cents:
>
> - plone.com is all about content. High quality, very low quantity.
> Less
> is better, since we also want it translated at some stage.
>
> - and about design.
>
> - There will be, let's say, around 5-10 editors,max. Who can edit in
> edit.plone.com in standard plone backend design. This will also make
> the
> working of multilingual add-on easier.
>
> - The design is therefore 100% about anon surfer experience. Flashy UI
> experience for editors is not needed, so no reason to wait for
> toolbars
> 'n stuff. A diazo theme would be optimal, since it can also change
> later
> easily, to do our version of a Google Doodle for special festive
> occasions ;-)
>
> - where it's hosted is not relevant for me at this point. It's
> brochureware. Standard, cached to death, but hardly rocketscience. No
> extra contenttypes, so very low maintenance on upgrades, no tinkering
> with ldap/sql/whatever backends, just vanilla Plone, something
> multilingual, and a theme.
>
> Paul Roeland

+1

We should 100% parallelize content and design
So my first goal is to write down the metatasks for collaboration!

Armin

--
Armin Carl Stroß-Radschinski, Dipl. Designer
acsr industrialdesign, Landgrafenstraße 32, 53842 Troisdorf, Germany

Telefon +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 94, FAX +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 96
eMail a.stross-radschinski at acsr.de - http://www.acsr.de
UST. ID Nr: DE154092803 (EU VAT ID)