[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Paul Roeland paul at cleanclothes.org
Wed Sep 5 06:15:15 UTC 2012

My 2 cents:

- plone.com is all about content. High quality, very low quantity. Less
is better, since we also want it translated at some stage.

- and about design.

- There will be, let's say, around 5-10 editors,max. Who can edit in
edit.plone.com in standard plone backend design. This will also make the
working of multilingual add-on easier.

- The design is therefore 100% about anon surfer experience. Flashy UI
experience for editors is not needed, so no reason to wait for toolbars
'n stuff. A diazo theme would be optimal, since it can also change later
easily, to do our version of a Google Doodle for special festive
occasions ;-)

- where it's hosted is not relevant for me at this point. It's
brochureware. Standard, cached to death, but hardly rocketscience. No
extra contenttypes, so very low maintenance on upgrades, no tinkering
with ldap/sql/whatever backends, just vanilla Plone, something
multilingual, and a theme.

Paul Roeland