[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.
Stone, Derrick J *HS
DJS6D at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Tue Sep 4 23:20:29 UTC 2012
The most important focus of this site is the content. It must be no bull-shizzle. The second most important focus should be an excellent, modern theme, which is responsive. Without these two items, Plone.com is not worth doing. It would be better for potential customers to simply wonder if the community has a professional standard.
I do not think shell access should be required - Plone publishes content out of the box right? :p
From: plone-com-bounces at lists.plone.org [plone-com-bounces at lists.plone.org] On Behalf Of Dylan Jay [djay at pretaweb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:54 PM
To: Alex Clark
Cc: plone-com at lists.plone.org
Subject: Re: [Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.
There's a lot of cooks in here already but since we just put together a site for our new service recently I'll put in 2c then go.
- do content before the theme. The homepage in particular should support your main message.
- we went for a design inspired by brightbox.com<http://brightbox.com> and squarespace.com<http://squarespace.com>. Long front page forming a tour of main key differentiators.
- but use a professional designer, don't use pre rolled themes.
- give the new theme editor a go. Great way to get feedback as the theme is created and reduce friction created by deployment delays. Diazo ftw.
Technical solution manager
On 05/09/2012, at 12:29 AM, Alex Clark <aclark at aclark.net<mailto:aclark at aclark.net>> wrote:
As far as I can tell, this has not been discussed so:
Who wants to donate a new-modern-theme to the plone.com<http://plone.com> project? To get started, we're going to use the existing plone.org<http://plone.org> theme (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plonetheme.ploneorg) but we hope to replace that with something better/newer later. If you have any ideas, please let us know. Ideally the theme requirements would be something like:
* Based on Twitter bootstrap (but does not appear to be based on bootstrap, please)
* Responsive (included with bootstrap)
But any and all theme donations will be considered and appreciated.
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com
Plone-com mailing list
Plone-com at lists.plone.org<mailto:Plone-com at lists.plone.org>
More information about the Plone-com