[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Tue Sep 4 22:54:05 UTC 2012

There's a lot of cooks in here already but since we just put together a
site for our new service recently I'll put in 2c then go.
- do content before the theme. The homepage in particular should support
your main message.
- we went for a design inspired by brightbox.com and squarespace.com. Long
front page forming a tour of main key differentiators.
- but use a professional designer, don't use pre rolled themes.
- give the new theme editor a go.  Great way to get feedback as the theme
is created and reduce friction created by deployment delays. Diazo ftw.

Dylan Jay
Technical solution manager
PretaWeb 99552830