[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.
djay at pretaweb.com
Tue Sep 4 22:54:05 UTC 2012
There's a lot of cooks in here already but since we just put together a
site for our new service recently I'll put in 2c then go.
- do content before the theme. The homepage in particular should support
your main message.
- we went for a design inspired by brightbox.com and squarespace.com. Long
front page forming a tour of main key differentiators.
- but use a professional designer, don't use pre rolled themes.
- give the new theme editor a go. Great way to get feedback as the theme
is created and reduce friction created by deployment delays. Diazo ftw.
Technical solution manager
On 05/09/2012, at 12:29 AM, Alex Clark <aclark at aclark.net> wrote:
As far as I can tell, this has not been discussed so:
Who wants to donate a new-modern-theme to the plone.com project? To get
started, we're going to use the existing plone.org theme (
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plonetheme.ploneorg) but we hope to replace
that with something better/newer later. If you have any ideas, please let
us know. Ideally the theme requirements would be something like:
- Based on Twitter bootstrap (but does not appear to be based on
- Responsive (included with bootstrap)
But any and all theme donations will be considered and appreciated.
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com
Plone-com mailing list
Plone-com at lists.plone.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Plone-com