[Plone-com] Someone needs to step up

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 21:51:40 UTC 2012

On 4 Sep 2012, at 20:45, Alex Clark wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:
> Guys,
>   This is awesome! I sent the email this morning from a train on the way to spend a day on-site with a client, and check email on way home to see lots and lots of discussion and people stepping up to do stuff. This is great!
>
> I have a few bits of further information and some comments to throw in the mix:
>
> 1) Yes as you found there is a staging site up at http://plonecom.netsightdev.co.uk this is based on a buildout and package developed by Chrissy as Six Feet Up, and the code is in github:
>
> https://github.com/cdw9/plonecom-buildout
> https://github.com/cdw9/plonecom.theme
>

> Can these be moved to the plone organisation?

Probably. They were just under Chrissy to start with as she did them and that was the most expedient place for her to put them at the time. It was always planned they would be moved somewhere proper in due course.

> please do any work in this package and then I can easily put it on the staging site. I'm happy to keep hosting the staging site. If people need accounts on this plone site let me know and I can add you, or bug someone in IRC whom I've already given accounts to.
>

> Can we have shell access? Where is the production site going to go?

No, you can't have shell access to the staging site. And to be honest I don't think it is needed. We are primarily talking about a site for content and and theme. At least on day one I don't actually see us using any custom content types or anything like that. Maybe a few existing add-ons.  People can test them locally and commit to the buildout and I can re-deploy it to staging. Right now though we are talking content and design.

As for where the production site goes. I don't know. I would hazard a guess at putting it where plone.org is if that makes sense to the AI team, but I guess is their call.

-Matt