[Plone-com] Plone.com project help

Rose Pruyne rtp2 at psu.edu
Tue Sep 4 20:17:29 UTC 2012

+1 on Trello. Great tool.

Since Trello is largely an Agile instrument, it can help to shed light on
what tasks might be overlarge for the individuals  working on them (get
more help, break up the task), what tasks are blocked by others needing to
be finished, that sort of thing. It provides a nice visual representation
of how the different pieces of the project are progressing.

Another Agile thought: Since the deadline is extremely tight, we should
look at the minimum required to meet phase 1, which is having a site with
some actual substance in place within a *very* few weeks for the Conference
(Version 1.0, if you will). The key being to not try to overblow that goal
by attempting a lot of additional accomplishments. Save those for Version
1.2 and beyond. A sane and humane thing to do.

Rose Pruyne
Project Manager
WebLion Group

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Wyn Williams <heywyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all
> Maurizio, quite happy to go with Trello, since you have used it before
> could you get that setup and let peeps know how to join ?
>
> Great on Italian translation +1
>
> Wyn
>

> On 09/04/2012 10:47 PM, Maurizio Delmonte wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Wyn Williams <heywyn at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> So add on your name :) and what area you feel you can devote time
> >> to.
> >>

> > miziodel (Maurizio Delmonte): 2/3 hours per week I can help cat
> > herding, supporting the leaders (to me, Andre for UX and Armin for
> > Content are fine) in organizing the process and urging people to
> > respect deadlines. Also, I can try to bring more valuable people in
> > to help, and have the italian translations in place when the case
> > will be.
> >

> > I will provide a collaborative space for this in the morning my
> > time
> >> (GMT +3) and mail around an address (prob an IP initially) where
> >> peeps who jump on the list can register and tasks can be posted
> >> etc.
> >>

> > some time ago I tried out http://trello.com and found it quite
> > interesting to organize and manage an open project like this. my
> > 2c.
> >
> > best, Maurizio

Rose Pruyne
Project Manager