[Plone-com] Someone needs to step up

Rose Pruyne rtp2 at psu.edu
Tue Sep 4 19:56:53 UTC 2012

+1 on producing something that is *compact* (Matt's point). The mistake
made early on on the PloneEdu <http://weblion.psu.edu/ploneedu> site was to
fill it up with a lot of static content that was interesting for ... maybe
a minute or two ... but then became kruft that nobody revisited and nobody
had the time or zeal to maintain. The plone.com site has similar goals to
PloneEdu but with a much wider audience. I think we can avoid the "build it
and they will come" fallacy if we keep this site small and truly
informative. And commit to maintaining it. Marketing content should ==
informative content should == diligently maintained content.

Rose Pruyne

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Maurizio Delmonte <
maurizio.delmonte at abstract.it> wrote:

> All,
>
> very happy this energy is finally around this project, hope to see it
> transformed into a great plone.com experience as soon as possible!
>
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>   This is awesome! I sent the email this morning from a train on the way
>> to spend a day on-site with a client, and check email on way home to see
>> lots and lots of discussion and people stepping up to do stuff. This is
>> great!
>>

> thanks Matt for making it happen! :D
>

>> Just to re-iterate. The goals of this site is to produce something
>> *compact* and easy for us to keep up to date, maintain, and eventually
>> translate. It is meant as a clear *What is Plone?"* and *Why Plone?* to
>> high level decision makers. It will free up some pressure from plone.orgso that we can be a bit more ruthless with refactoring that.
>>

> In my opinion, everyone willing to help should have this aim clear in
> mind, and try to stick to this in the next weeks.
> Besides, in medio stat virtus, and I guess we should try to create a
> *good* plone.com site.. we can achieve the *perfect* site in our second
> release :)
>
> best,
> Maurizio
>

> --
>
> Maurizio Delmonte - [maurizio.delmonte at abstract.it]
>
> Abstract Open Solutions [http://www.abstract.it] - Tel:  +39 081 06 08 213
>
> *See you at the PloneConf!* [http://goo.gl/2uzeB]
>

> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.it.html
>
> Ai sensi del d.lgs. 196 del 30 giugno 2003, recante disposizioni per la
> tutela delle persone e di altri soggetti rispetto al trattamento dei dati
> personali, si precisa che questa email è inviata unicamente ai destinatari
> sopra esposti, con espressa diffida di leggerla, copiarla, diffonderla ed
> usarla senza autorizzazione. Se avete ricevuto questa email per errore, vi
> preghiamo di distruggerla immediatamente e contattarci tramite uno dei
> recapiti sopra indicati.

Rose Pruyne
Project Manager
WebLion at Penn State