[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Armin Stroß-Radschinski developer at acsr.de
Tue Sep 4 18:20:25 UTC 2012

Hi André,
this is exactly what we need. A fast professional process to convert
the goals into a visual key into the brain.

Good design teams do not express themself but deliver solutions. Good
design is mostly teamwork and the best results come up if the customer
or target group is present in the heart of the team. If we aim at the
expressed target groups, we need more people understanding these
target groups! In the past we had too much insiders from the sources
of Plone. We have to reach out for the stakeholders.

We have finished the PSF Python Brochure last month and it is in the
final approval process.

You can get a glimpse here:
http://brochure.getpython.info/newsletter/learn-more

Plone.com is not a brochure, but it should lead through all the
benefits of Plone in a more visual way than Plone.org ever did. I am
curiuos to the design work from a big area of our community (South
America), that knows how emotion works!

I am very interested in playing exchange partner for them. Remember
that different continents have different reception of visual
campaigns. What we do NOT need is an average to avoid to step on ones
feet. We need local IMPACT.

If we finally manage to come up with some diversity in the key visuals
catching those different spirits of our widespread community, that
would be great. To make it clear: One design to keep the stuff
together, but strong lead banners personalised to the spirit of the
local stories /articles that transfer the messages.

If we do good coordination, these local lead stories can be
contributed in parallel by different sources in different languages as
well. For every local language a common english version should be
provided. So we need not 100 % translation rate.

my 2 cent

Armin

--
Armin Carl Stroß-Radschinski, Dipl. Designer
acsr industrialdesign, Landgrafenstraße 32, 53842 Troisdorf, Germany

Telefon +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 94, FAX +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 96
eMail a.stross-radschinski at acsr.de - http://www.acsr.de
UST. ID Nr: DE154092803 (EU VAT ID)