[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Tue Sep 4 18:02:44 UTC 2012

Hi André,

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM, André Nogueira <
andre at simplesconsultoria.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> The idea is to use TV1 designers to work for us, with our orientation
> and not just let someone build a theme in they way they like.

RE: TV1 designers, sounds good to me! I certainly appreciate their offer.
And it is certainly the most compelling we've seen. And the only reason I
don't say "GO GO GO" (as I'm known to do, when excited about something), is
that I'm trying to facilitate an open process (a la eleddy) and in
particular, like Wyn and Liz, I'm trying to "cat herd".

The cat herder in me is reluctant to pick the theme, or take on any
specific theme work right now other than:

   - choosing from a list of themes
   - telling people to prepare a theme to include in that list so i can
   pick from it

Having said that, as Wyn suggests, the theme can be changed. And the only
other viable offer we've received is from Derrick's team which was more of
"if need be, we can do it".

So, I'm fine with +1'ing TV1, if you are fine with leading the design work
:-) And thank you for your offer.

Alex