[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Elizabeth Leddy elizabeth.leddy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:45:15 UTC 2012

On Sep 4, 2012, at 8:05 AM, André Nogueira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We talk a lot about plone.com with one of our partners during Plone
> Symposium South America, and this company offered to do the Design for
> new plone.com.  The company is TV1.com, they have designed all major
> governments Plone websites here in Brazil, like:
>
> http://www.planalto.gov.br
> http://www.brasil.gov.br
> http://www.brasil.gov.br/enfrentandoocrack
>
> They are very interested in contribute with Plone, and this a great
> way to contribute.
>
> If no one is against the idea, I can start the process with them immediately.
> All we need to do is organize all information we have and all we need
> in our nem website.

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be done. Can any one come up with objections? Not only does it save us time but it gives them a chance to give back.

As far as marketing material, Rose, Armin, Derrick - do you feel comfortable writing this stuff or is this something that we should seriously consider farming out? My unfortunate educated guess is that nothing really exists yet but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Liz