[Plone-com] We need a new modern theme for plone.com.

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Tue Sep 4 15:43:07 UTC 2012

Hi André,

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM, André Nogueira <
andre at simplesconsultoria.com.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We talk a lot about plone.com with one of our partners during Plone
> Symposium South America, and this company offered to do the Design for
> new plone.com.  The company is TV1.com, they have designed all major
> governments Plone websites here in Brazil, like:
>
> http://www.planalto.gov.br
> http://www.brasil.gov.br
> http://www.brasil.gov.br/enfrentandoocrack
>
> They are very interested in contribute with Plone, and this a great
> way to contribute.
>
> If no one is against the idea, I can start the process with them
> immediately.
> All we need to do is organize all information we have and all we need
> in our nem website.

To keep things simple, I would suggest that anyone interested in having
their theme used on plone.com produce a mockup (e.g. theme.html, preferably
with a Diazo rules.xml included too) and we'll have the list members
evaluate them.

I don't want prospective donors to spend too much time on development, but
I also don't want to choose a theme that doesn't do what we need it to do
(which is to WOW people).

Alex