[Plone-com] Someone needs to step up

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Tue Sep 4 13:09:58 UTC 2012

Hi

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Rose Pruyne <rtp2 at psu.edu> wrote:

> I'm ready to do what I can; I have maybe 3 hours/week that I could put
> into this. I'm on vacation September 21, so can't be at that work session
> -- but I can do stuff on my lunch hours and other times.
>
> Right now, I have a weak grasp of what plone.com is looking to
> accomplish, plus what materials are available and where they are. Are there
> a bunch of Google docs and spreadsheets? Is there a to-do list? What *are*the goals? What do people want in place by the Plone conference? What were
> the previous deadlines about and what was supposed to be accomplished by
> them? What are the logistics (server space, need of site admin, whatever)
> of what needs to be accomplished? Is there an IRC channel for plone.comdiscussions? I'd be glad to stay signed into it.
>
> Does anybody have some details and history they can share?

I'm willing to cat heard. I suggest we hang in #plone.org to move things
forward. As for history, IIRC:

   - The Plone project has always coveted the plone.com domain, and finally
   secured it.
   - Over the years the plone.org website has grown organically and may
   confuse important stake holders (e.g. people looking to choose plone).
   - Therefore we need to launch a "marketing website" (e.g. zope.org) to
   showcase all of Plone's strengths and designate plone.org as a
   "community site" (and possibly DECOMM it later).

Meet me in #plone.org to discuss further.

Alex

Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com