[Plone-com] Someone needs to step up

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 09:18:49 UTC 2012

Hi All,
  We really need someone to step up and lead this. I've been trying so far to push things along, but clearly this approach is not working. I just do not have the time to do heard all the cats. We have a Plone tuneup coming soon (21st Sept IIRC), and it would be great to get some people together to get some work actually done on it. We lost the initial momentum with this project due to the marketing 'team' holding the project too close to its chest, not allowing anyone else to be involved, not communicating what was going on, and repeatedly missing deadlines they set. Now we have the opposite problem that we are trying to get people involved but no-one to co-ordinate or lead this.

This is an important thing for Plone. The original deadlines have passed and we are nowhere near close to our goals. I was really hoping to get something, anything, in place by Plone Conference in a month's time, but this is now looking increasingly unlikely.

Sorry if this email seems very blunt, but I've run out of being subtle.

-Matt