[Plone-com] Meeting to discuss assignments for Plone.com

Mark Corum mark at plone.org
Mon Feb 20 18:49:39 UTC 2012

We'd like to get together the folks on this list, as well as other
interested people in the Plone community, to discuss the most
important content pieces for plone.com. We'll be working to set up a
Google hangout where we can talk and share documents sometime next
week.

Top of the list are some very important pieces of content which either
do not exist, or are horrendously out of date.

An up to date feature list for Plone.  RIght now our list is a list of
what is NEW in Plone 4, but doesn't include recent additions and also
doesn't include things from Plone 3 that everyone takes for granted.
This piece needs to be written based on the needs of a user with no
Plone experience. We will release this in the form of a feature
matrix.

A list of "killer features" that are the basis of why someone would
choose Plone.  Again, this needs to be user facing, not just developer
facing.

An updated description of exactly what Plone is.  Less technology,
more value in use.  Needs to address FUD being spread by Plone
competitors.  This has been worked on, but we're interested in fresh
ideas, not just tweaks to what we have.  This is our elevator pitch  -
short and concise.  We need LOTS of ideas on this.

We need our own take on open source and why it works.  This is a tough one.

We need awesome examples of work done with Plone. Think outside the
box.  And these aren't case studies - which will remain on plone.org.
We want short 3-4 paragraph overviews of what was done and for who
with great screenshots.  If you know of such sites, send them to this
list.

Getting started links - where can we send people interested in getting
started with Plone to help them be as successful as possible.

Plone in the press - any positive articles or reviews of Plone you
have read would be greatly welcomed; particularly if they come from
outside the US.

This is just a list of some of the larger topics that are must haves
for plone.com.  Let us know what you think - and if you would like to
sign up to create / help create any of them please let us know here on
the list.

Thanks

Mark Corum
Plone Marketing & Communications