[Setup] Migrating content from 2.5 to recent using transmogrifier

Martin Weigele martin at weigele.de
Thu Mar 10 11:06:21 UTC 2011

Hi Volodymyr,

thanks a million for your additional information! Transmogrifier (exporting) works fine with this setup. However, I have not been able to transmogrify, i.e. export the data of a
(q)SimpleBlog - it is not shown in the zmi - so I tried to add simpleblog2quills in the buildout.cfg (as well as a productdistro section for simpleblog etc). I have played with various
configurations, and checked the instructions at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mr.developer but now I am stuck again.
Regards Martin

--
$ bin/buildout
Download error: unknown url type: https -- Some packages may not be found!
mr.developer: Queued 'collective.transmogrifier' for checkout.
mr.developer: Queued 'plone.app.transmogrifier' for checkout.
mr.developer: Queued 'quintagroup.transmogrifier' for checkout.
mr.developer: Queued 'quintagroup.transmogrifier.simpleblog2quills' for checkout.
mr.developer: Skipped checkout of existing package 'plone.app.transmogrifier'.
mr.developer: Skipped checkout of existing package 'collective.transmogrifier'.
mr.developer: Skipped checkout of existing package 'quintagroup.transmogrifier.simpleblog2quills'.
mr.developer: Skipped checkout of existing package 'quintagroup.transmogrifier'.
Develop: '/home/martin/myold2/src/quintagroup.transmogrifier.simpleblog2quills'
install_dir /home/martin/myold2/develop-eggs/tmppl1lfTbuild
Develop: '/home/martin/myold2/src/quintagroup.transmogrifier'
install_dir /home/martin/myold2/develop-eggs/tmpi1XsBHbuild
Develop: '/home/martin/myold2/src/collective.transmogrifier'
install_dir /home/martin/myold2/develop-eggs/tmpOUqbfDbuild
Develop: '/home/martin/myold2/src/plone.app.transmogrifier'
install_dir /home/martin/myold2/develop-eggs/tmpFMt9wobuild
Download error: unknown url type: https -- Some packages may not be found!
Download error: unknown url type: https -- Some packages may not be found!
Uninstalling products.
Running uninstall recipe.
While:
  Installing.
  Uninstalling products.

An internal error occurred due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/tmpfQGVan/zc.buildout-1.5.2-py2.4.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py", line 1805, in main
  File "/tmp/tmpfQGVan/zc.buildout-1.5.2-py2.4.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py", line 523, in install
  File "/tmp/tmpfQGVan/zc.buildout-1.5.2-py2.4.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py", line 641, in _uninstall_part
  File "/home/martin/myold2/eggs/infrae.subversion-1.4.5-py2.4.egg/infrae/subversion/Py.py", line 78, in uninstall
    checkAddedPaths(location, urls)
  File "/home/martin/myold2/eggs/infrae.subversion-1.4.5-py2.4.egg/infrae/subversion/Common.py", line 72, in checkAddedPaths
    raise ValueError(msg % ', '.join(added_paths))
ValueError: New path have been added to the location: /home/martin/myold2/products/README.txt.

--
buildout.cfg :
--

find-links =
    http://dist.plone.org

eggs =
    elementtree
    PILwoTK
    libxml2-python
    Products.feedfeeder
    Products.ExternalEditor
    quintagroup.transmogrifier
    quintagroup.transmogrifier.simpleblog2quills
versions = versions
extensions += mr.developer
sources = sources
auto-checkout = *

[sources]
collective.transmogrifier = svn http://svn.quintagroup.com/products/quintagroup.transmogrifier/branches/plone-2.1/collective.transmogrifier
plone.app.transmogrifier = svn http://svn.quintagroup.com/products/quintagroup.transmogrifier/branches/plone-2.1/plone.app.transmogrifier
quintagroup.transmogrifier = svn http://svn.quintagroup.com/products/quintagroup.transmogrifier/branches/plone-2.1/quintagroup.transmogrifier
quintagroup.transmogrifier.simpleblog2quills = svn http://svn.quintagroup.com/products/quintagroup.transmogrifier.simpleblog2quills/trunk

[products]
location = products
recipe = infrae.subversion
urls =
    http://svn.plone.org/svn/archetypes/Marshall/tags/1.0.0/ Marshall

[plone]
recipe = plone.recipe.distros
urls = http://launchpad.net/plone/2.5/2.5.5/+download/Plone-2.5.5.tar.gz
nested-packages = Plone-2.5.5.tar.gz
version-suffix-packages = Plone-2.5.5.tar.gz

[zope2]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2install
fake-zope-eggs = true
url = http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.9.12/Zope-2.9.12-final.tgz

[productdistros]
recipe = plone.recipe.distros
urls =
#        http://plone.org/products/arfilepreview/releases/2.1.2/arfilepreview-2-1-2-tar.gz
#        http://plone.org/products/arofficetransforms/releases/0.9.2/arofficetransforms-0-9-2.tgz
        http://downloads.sourceforge.net/quintagroup/qPloneBlog-2.5.2.tar.gz
#        http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/quintagroup/qPloneGoogleMaps-0.2.0.tar.gz
#        http://plone.org/products/simpleportlet/releases/1.1.1/SimplePortlet-1.1.1.tar.gz
#        http://partecs.com/downloads/PloneInvite-1.0.2.tar.gz
#        http://plone.org/products/google-co-op/releases/0.5/googlecoop-0-5-tar.gz
        http://plone.org/products/sdotnews/releases/1.6.2/sdotNews.tar.gz

nested-packages =
version-suffix-packages =

[instance]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
zope2-location = ${zope2:location}
user = admin:admin
http-address = 8080
eggs = ${buildout:eggs}
zcml = quintagroup.transmogrifier
       quintagroup.transmogrifier.simpleblog2quills
products =
    ${plone:location}
    ${buildout:directory}/products
    ${productdistros:location}