[Plone-conference] 6 different Demos

lozinski lozinski at privacv.com
Fri Oct 16 09:26:19 UTC 2015

I am doing a number of Zope-based demos today if anyone is interested.

CkEditor.
    A modern browser-based WYSIWYG editor for HTML.

Ace Editor
   A modern browser-based technical editor for HTML, CSS, and Javascript

Jade.
   Jade is a terse templating language for the javascript world.
http://jade-lang.com/  Rather than hassling the complexity of open and
closing tags, like python it uses indentation to show where the closing
tags would go.  Jade plays brilliantly with Javasdcript.  I am
demonstrating the browser-based Ace Editor for jade.  The Jade source
generates both html and javascript.  The most interesting demo today.

Zopache.ZMI.
   Based on bootstrap, it looks pretty good.  No IFrames.

Pickled Objects.
   If every python object is stored separately in the ZODB, that can be
a lot of disk accesses.  Pickled objects enable one to build a tree of
objects, but have them load in a single disk access.  They load
incredibly fast.

Blogory.org
   Check out the user interface on blogory.org.  Based on a distributed
architecture, there are both private copies of objects, and group copies
of those objects.

I am located between the check in desk and the main ballroom.  Look for
the Zope.ZMI sprint sign.

Regards
Chris